The World City Center is now hiring for Afternoon Preschool Support Staff. If you have a gift for working with small children and are passionate about raising the next generation of global citizens, please send us your resume and tell us why you would be a great addition to our dynamic team of educators.
Bilingual Afternoon Preschool Support Staff (Spanish/English)
World City Center – Los Angeles, CA
World City Center is a preschool and global enrichment center located in the West Adams area of Los Angeles, California. We offer an approach to learning that addresses the whole child and is based on principles of educational excellence and cross-cultural exploration. Our program is play-based and Reggio-inspired and is carried out in a predominantly Spanish language environment. Our projects are developed based on the interests of the children and are designed to include developmentally appropriate and intentional educational play. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative bilingual support staff member to join our team of educators.
Hours: Afternoon hours, some flexibility but needed at least from 2-5pm
Salary & Benefits: Part Time Temporary Employment, $12/hr, January – June
Requirements: Must be bilingual (Spanish/English) and have an interest in child development
- Assist co-teachers in the preschool classroom in accordance with World City Center’s core values and philosophy.
- Support teachers with activities that are innovative, interesting, and child-led.
- Maintain close communication with the director and co-teachers about student progress.
- Maintain a structure in the classroom that fosters positive classroom management.
- Establish a non-punitive method for classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Participate in team meetings, staff meeting and professional development as required.
- Relieve teachers for lesson planning on a daily basis.
- Constructively communicate with parents during daily interactions.
- Share the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the classroom and the facility as assigned. Including by not limited to facilitating snack prep and clean up, stocking bathrooms and kitchen with necessary facilities items, organizing resource room and supply closet, maintaining the staff lounge, library and computer lab.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Must be fully bilingual (both written and verbal) in Spanish and English
- Experience in a Play Based or Reggio-inspired learning environment a plus
- Must have an interest in child development. Students with 12 semester units in early childhood education or similar field of study a plus.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com detailing why you would be a good fit for the position.
Most Liked Posts
- Sentimientos y Emociones | Feelings and Emotions By World City Center on November 11, 2016 0
- NEWS: National Public Radio Education Correspondent Features WCC By World City Center on November 11, 2016 0
- RACE: Tackling the 4-Letter Word With Your Kids By World City Center on November 11, 2016 0
- NEWS: Mixed race and proud on KPCC By World City Center on January 25, 2017 0