World City Center integrates an enriching learning experience for all of our preschoolers during our regular school day. In addition to language exposure, our curriculum highlights cultures from around the world and strives to build a strong sense of self in our children by honoring and validating their own cultural heritage. All of our play-based activities are hands on and highlight natural play and the arts. We sing, dance, drum, paint and play regularly. We also invite members of the community to join us and share their arts, talents and cultures with the children.
QUARTERLY ENRICHMENT SERIES
Every quarter, students participate in a rotation of special enrichment classes which include:
- FALL: music appreciation class which explores rhythm, tone, movement, and different instruments. Our music series culminates in our annual holiday performance.
- WINTER: our weekly dance class will expand upon the movement introduction the children had in their previous music series, exploring different dance forms and learning some moves of their own!
- SPRING: art workshop where children learn about notable artists and practice using different mediums and techniques (pastels, chalk, watercolor, acrylics). This enrichment series features guest teaching artists from the community and culminates in our Spring Art Show.
- SUMMER: each summer takes on a special summer camp fun theme. Previous camp themes have included a virtual trip-around-the-world where student explore a different continent every week and EXPLORE-LA where we learned about our great city and explored as a community through field trips around town.
AFTER SCHOOL MUSIC CLASSES
WCC also offers after school enrichment classes for ages 3 through adult. Presently, we are partnered with the Blue Violin Foundation to offer Suzuki violin and piano lessons, from beginners to advanced. For the present class schedule please CLICK HERE or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Most Liked Posts
- Sentimientos y Emociones | Feelings and Emotions By World City Center on November 11, 2016 0
- NEWS: National Public Radio Education Correspondent Features WCC By World City Center on November 11, 2016 0
- RACE: Tackling the 4-Letter Word With Your Kids By World City Center on November 11, 2016 0
- NEWS: Mixed race and proud on KPCC By World City Center on January 25, 2017 0